Photo: Well, there was a lot to cry about to Santa this year.
Merry Christmas, Belmont. While for many there is little to actually celebrate this difficult time, Dec. 25 will be a day to reflect on the past year around the dinner table before decamping to watch the latest holiday movie on the Hallmark Channel or basketball contest on whatever platform you prefer. For those who don’t celebrate the day, several fine Chinese restaurants will be open and, if you want to risk it, some great movies are premiering on the big screen on the 25th – Wonder Woman 1984, News of the World and Promising Young Woman.
And if you have a “need” to get out of the house, here are a few places around town closing early Christmas Eve and open on Christmas.
Christmas Eve early closings:
- Star Market at 535 Trapelo Rd. closes at 6 p.m. The pharmacy closes at 5 p.m.
- CVS: 264 Trapelo Rd. is closing at 10 p.m. (the pharmacy at 6 p.m.) and 60 Leonard St. at 9 p.m. (with the pharmacy shutting its doors at 4 p.m.)
- Both Starbucks locations are closing at 5 p.m.
- The Dunkin’ locations at 353 Trapelo Rd. and 52 Church St. are closing at 9 p.m. The store at 350 Pleasant St. will shut down at 7 p.m.
- Craft Beer Cellar at 51 Leonard St. in the Center will be open ’til 7 p.m.
- US Post Offices at 405 Concord Ave. and 492 Trapelo Rd. are closing at noon.
- The Dunkin’ at 353 Trapelo Rd. has a sign on the door proclaiming “Open on Christmas.” So it will be open from 5 a.m. until 11 p.m.
- The 52 Church St. location in Waverley Square and the operation at 350 Pleasant St. will be closed on Christmas.
- The Belmont Center store at 47 Leonard St. and the “Cushing Village” location at 110 Trapelo Rd. will be closed.
- The store at 264 Trapelo Rd. will be open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- The operation at 60 Leonard St. in Belmont Center will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Christmas.
- The pharmacies at both locations will be closed.
- Belmont’s supermarket located at 535 Trapelo Rd. is closed for the day.
If you are looking to get around on the MBTA:
- The Fitchburg/South Acton Commuter Line will operate a Sunday schedule while buses that operate in Belmont are likewise running on a Sunday schedule.