Photo: Thanksgiving (c. 1935) by Doris Lee (1905–1983), Art Institute of Chicago
One of only ten recognized by the federal government, Thanksgiving is both a national and state holiday, so most businesses along with federal, state and town offices are closed shut.
In Belmont, town offices will also be closed on Black Friday, Nov 24. And the Belmont Public Library But there are a few places where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of the kitchen to pick up a coffee or hot chocolate or hit the drug store for whatever reason.
- Starbucks in Cushing Square (Trapelo and Common) is open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving and 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Black Friday.
- Dunkin’ at Trapelo Road and Beech Street will be operating from 4:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. The location on Church Street in Waverley Square will be open from 4:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The store at 350 Pleasant St. will be open from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- CVS at 264 Trapelo Rd. is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., while the pharmacy is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- CVS in Belmont Center on Leonard Street is operating from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The pharmacy is closed.
- Star Market in Waverley Square is closed.