Merry Christmas, Belmont. If after unwrapping all your presents and watching the latest holiday movie on the Hallmark Channel you have a “need” to get out of the house, here are a few places around town open on Christmas.
• The Dunkin’ Donuts at 353 Trapelo Rd. near Beech Street will be open from 5 a.m. until 9:30 p.m.
• The store located on Church Street in Waveley Square is closed today.
• The Belmont Center store at 47 Leonard St. is open from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The stores at 264 Trapelo Rd. and 60 Leonard St. in Belmont Center will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Christmas, although the pharmacy at both locations will is closed.
What would Christmas be if the local movie theater was closed? Thankfully, Belmont’s Studio Cinema at Trapelo and Beech will be open and screening “Mary Poppin Returns” (rated PG) at 7:30 p.m.
If you are looking to get around on the MBTA:
• The Fitchburg/South Acton Commuter Line will operate a Sunday schedule while buses and trackless trolleys that operate in Belmont are likewise running on a Sunday schedule.