They will be dancing on a number of Belmont streets – repaired streets! – later this year as Belmont’s Director of Community Development Glenn Clancy released the list of 11 roads that will be reconstructed and repaved hopefully by the end of the 2014 construction season.
The list – submitted to the Belmont Board of Selectmen at their Monday, July 21 meeting – include a number in eastern Belmont. Work by contractor E.H. Perkins Construction of Waltham will begin in August.
The list includes:
- Brighton Street: Pleasant Street to the cul-de-sac
- Knowles Road: Holt Street to the Waltham town line
- Whitcomb Street: Lexington Stret to the Watertown town line
- Wellesley Road: Village Hill to Crestview roads
- Fairview Avenue: Payson Road to School Street
- Hoitt Road: Newcastle Road to Dean Street
- Brettwood Road: Common Street to Homer Road and Hastings to Horace roads
- Radcliffe Road: Scott to Frontage roads
- Falmouth Street: Fairview Avenue to Belmont Street
- Concord Avenue: Cambridge city line to Louise Road
- Unity Avenue: Falmouth Street to Park Road
Clancy said while the town uses a ranking system to determine which roads are to be considered for repair, he said some of the roads on this year’s list would not have made the cut as there are worse roads in town. But due to delays in the Water Divisions of the Department of Public Works’s capital improvement program, replacement of water mains on dilapidated streets have not taken place and the town will not reconstruct a road if a new main is needed.