Photo: Shots for students this Thursday. (Image credit: CDC “Getting Your COVID-19 Vaccine”)
The Belmont School District in partnership with VaxinateRx and Healthcare Family Pharmacy is offering two doses of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination series to all Belmont public school students ages 12 and up on Thursday, Sept. 30, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Chenery Middle School large community room.
According to Beth Rumley, director of nursing for the Belmont Public Schools, all students will be vaccinated free of charge regardless of insurance coverage. If insured please enter insurance information in the online registration. Once registered online there is no need to bring an insurance card to the clinic.
A follow-up clinic for second doses will be held on Thursday, October 21, 2021, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the Chenery large community room. An additional registration link will be provided to register for the second dose at a later time. Students who have already received their first dose of the Pfizer series at another location are welcome to register for either date to receive their second shot as long as there have been at least 3 weeks between doses. Please remember to send the vaccination card from the previous vaccination and consent form with your student.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
- Please register your child to receive the vaccine at: Appointment Quest Scheduler
- After registering you will receive an email with a link to the consent form for vaccination (please check your spam folder if you do not receive it)
- Please fill out and print the consent form to bring to the appointment
- For anyone under the age of 18, a consent form signed by a parent/guardian must be presented in order to receive a vaccine
- Parent/guardian does not need to be present as long as the child has a signed consent form
If you experience any issues with the registration process please email info@VaxinateRx.com to resolve any issues.
Reminder: Please make sure to print and sign the consent form and have the student bring it to school on the day of the clinic. A Parent or Guardian signature is required for any students under the age of 18.
Your child will receive a COVID vaccine card at the time of vaccination. PLEASE KEEP THIS CARD IN A SAFE PLACE. Your child will need it for the second dose.