- The Belmont Board of Selectmen, the Belmont School Committee and the town’s Capital Budget Committee will hold a joint session to hear a presentation on the construction of a new skating rink and field house at the present site off Concord Avenue. The meeting is scheduled to take place at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 8 at the Chenery Middle School.
- The Belmont School Committee meets for the first time this school year at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 8 at the Chenery Middle School. In addition to the Hockey Rink presentation, new staff members will be introduced and lots of reports and goals announced.
- The Belmont Planning Board will meet to continue public hearing on a number of existing applications and one new application at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 8 in Town Hall.
- The Belmont Historic District Commission will discuss Demolition Delay and the cleaning of the commuter rail bridge at its 7 p.m. meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 8 in Town Hall.
- The Energy Committee is meeting at 8 a.m., Wednesday, Sept. 9 at Town Hall.
- The Community Preservation Committee is meeting at 5 p.m., Sept. 9 at Town Hall in preparation to its Sept. 17 public meeting.
in the library’s Assembly Room for singing, playing with egg shakers and dancing! For kids 5 and under.
• The Benton Library, Belmont’s independent library, is open on Friday, Sept. 11, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., come by the Benton on the way home or after dinner. Get a free library card if you don’t have one already. Explore the collection. Select some of our gently used sale books; all proceeds benefit the library.