Photo: Soccer Night in Belmont is this Saturday!
Soccer Night in Belmont is back for its seventh edition taking place on Belmont High’s Harris Field this Saturday, Sept. 17. The annual free event traditionally “sells out” the stands with more than 2,000 showing up for an afternoon and night of soccer fun.
This year Soccer Night welcomes neighboring Watertown in the high school games and for youth soccer players from both towns to participate in the celebrations and half time games.
The high school games will be at 4:30 p.m. for the girls and 6:30 p.m. for the boys. Belmont and Watertown youth soccer players will be wearing their uniforms and parading out with players during the pre-game ceremonies.
Activities will include:
- Belmont and Watertown youth players are mascots processing onto the field with the teams and their coaches
- Belmont and Watertown middle school chorus students sing the national anthem
- Belmont and Watertown Boy Scouts will present the color guard
- Belmont High March Band’s drumline plays before kickoff
- Youth players from both towns swarm the field at each halftime to play their games
- The Phoenix Cup is presented to the winning teams for a photo and will have the games’ scores etched in it
- Belmont’s Parents of Music Students (POMS) runs the concession stand
- The field is dressed with the international flags of the nationalities of all the player
- The JV teams help hand out the programs as patrons enter, and also provide tattoos for each team’s fans
- Live broadcast of the games for family members near and far to watch with full commentating
- Patches are presented to commemorate the night, along with a detailed program of the players
Dinner food and snacks are available, so bring the whole family to eat and support our varsity teams. It is always a fantastic event and your players will really love it!