Photo: You can stuff your ballot in the drop box outside Town Hall up to and including election day, Tuesday, April 6 at 8 p.m.
Belmont Town Clerk Ellen Cushman wants eligible voters to know there are three ways to cast your ballot for the annual Town Election being held on Tuesday, April 6.
Vote by Mail Options
Absentee Voting or Early Vote by Mail
Voters who are unable to go to the polls to vote on Election Day, or are worried about the COVID impacts, may request that a ballot be mailed to them. Requests must be in writing containing the voter’s signature and are due to the Town Clerk by 5 p.m., March 31 (per a change made by the Legislature).
An Absentee ballot application was included in every household’s February Belmont Light Bill and just this week, the Massachusetts Legislature extended availability of Early Vote by Mail to municipal elections held this spring. The ballot is the same for Early Vote by Mail and Absentee Voting so please only file one request per voter so we can fulfill all requests in a timely way; if you’ve already filed an application to receive an Absentee ballot, do not file an Early Vote by Mail request. Applications can be dropped off or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ballot will be mailed to the voter using the US Postal Service; The Town Clerk asks voters to file requests early to avoid delays. Voted ballots may be mailed back or deposited in our secure Town Clerk Drop Box at the bottom of the steps to Town Hall, parking lot level. All ballots must be received by 8 p.m., close of polls on Election Day, April 6.
Voting In Person
Registered voters may cast their ballots in person only on Election Day; polls are open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and the usual polling locations:
- Precinct One: Belmont Memorial Library, Assembly Room, 336 Concord Ave.
- Precinct Two: Belmont Town Hall, Select Board Room, 455 Concord Ave.
- Precinct Three: Beech Street Center , 266 Beech St.
- Precinct Four: Daniel Butler School Gym, 90 White St.
- Precinct Five: Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Precinct Six: Belmont Fire Headquarters, 299 Trapelo Rd.
- Precinct Seven: Burbank School Gym, 266 School St.
- Precinct Eight: Winn Brook School Gym, 97 Waterhouse Rd., Enter From Cross Street
To see the specimen ballots or download an Absentee or vote by mail application, please visit the Town Clerk’s web page: