Photo: Mr. Marauder.
The first day of school is always daunting, especially when it’s in a new building with people you don’t know.
In an attempt to ease those anxieties and make the transition from middle school a tad less stressful, the Belmont High School Connectors Program is sponsoring a Freshman Orientation for the approximate 300 raising 9th graders entering the High School on Thursday, Aug. 27, from 5 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
There will be a smaller Connectors event for upper-class transfer students on Friday, Aug. 28 at lunch time.
Events for the new students will include:
- A student-led tour of the building,
- Group meetings with guidance counselors,
- Joining current students for a pizza dinner,
- Parents are welcome for the opening panel from 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Pre-registration or sign-up is unnecessary.
The Connectors is a joint program of staff, teachers, students and the High School’s PTO to provide information, support and companionship so a new student’s adjustment to high school will go smoothly.