Photo: The finale of BHS PAC Broadway Night (thanks to BHS PAC)
The Belmont High School Performing Arts Company is returning after a year-and-a-half in the virtual sphere to all live performances with its annual “Broadway Night: Musical Theater Cabaret” this weekend, Oct. 22 and 23 at 7 p.m.
To celebrate its homecoming, the in-school group will welcome the audience to its new home: The Black Box Theater on the first floor of the recently opened high school wing of the Belmont Middle and High School. The space has professional lighting and sound as well as flexible seating configurations that will allow for a greater audience experience.
Students artists will perform classic and contemporary works of musical theater consisting of solo/duet/small groups songs which are primarily self-directed which will showcase the acting, singing and dancing talents of the PAC members. And with every year, there will be a final song and dance performed by the entire company.
Tickets are $5 for students/children and $12 for adults. Tickets can be purchased online, and advance ticket purchase recommended: shows, as always, are expected to sell out!
Details about the show and ticket sales at bhs-pac.org
Due to As we prepare to invite audiences back into our schools, here are some guidelines for those who plan to attend theater events this year:
- MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED for all audience members.
- Food/drinks will not be allowed in performance spaces.
- The size of our Black Box Theater means that there is not a guarantee of distancing for audience members. We encourage family units to sit together, but at sold out shows, you will be seated directly adjacent to others.
- Some students performing on stage for theater events will be unmasked. These students have been required by the Belmont School Committee to be vaccinated.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 should not attend performances. You can reference the BPS Student Symptom Checker here.