Photo: “Saying Grace” Norman Rockwell
Coffee and in Belmont on Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is a national and state holiday – one of only ten recognized by the federal government – and while most businesses along with federal, state and town offices are closed shut, there are a few places where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of the kitchen or pick up a coffee or hot chocolate (you’ll need it today!) before the annual Belmont/Watertown high schools football game, this year at Harris Field (kick off at 10:15 a.m.)
- Starbucks in Belmont Center is open from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The signs in the windows at the Dunkin’ Donuts (which is being re-branded as Dunkin’) at Trapelo Road and Beech Street and on Church Street (in Waverley Square) read that the stores are operating under “normal hours”: 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- CVS at 264 Trapelo Rd. is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. while the pharmacy is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- CVS in Belmont Center on Leonard Street is operating from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. The pharmacy is closed.
- Star Market in Waverley Square: Closed all day.