• Town Meeting members from Precinct 1 and 7 are invited to attend a briefing at 7 p.m. in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library on the financial articles – including the town and capital budgets – to be discussed when the annual Town Meeting reconvenes on June 2. Members of the Warrant, Capital Budget and School committees will be in attendance to answer your questions.
• The Book Club for Chenery Middle School students in fifth and sixth grades (the lower school) will be held from 3:15 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Children’s Work Room of the Belmont Public Library.
• Belmont’s Senior Center will be holding a meeting of the Caregivers’ Support Group at 2 p.m. at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
• Belmont High’s Girls’ Tennis will host Woburn High at 3:30 p.m. and Girls’ Lacrosse will take on Winchester High at 4:30 p.m. at Harris Field.
• Today is the centennial of the birth of Tenzing Norgay, the great Nepalese Sherpa mountaineer who, with Sir Edmund Hillary, made the first ascend of Mt. Everest in 1953.
Leave a Review or Comment