Photo: It’s election day in Belmont
Belmont annual Town Election is today, Tuesday, April 5!
Registered voters may cast their ballots in person only on Election Day; polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the traditional polling locations:
- Precinct One: Belmont Memorial Library, Assembly Room, 336 Concord Ave.
- Precinct Two: Belmont Town Hall, Select Board Room, 455 Concord Ave.
- Precinct Three: Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Precinct Four: Daniel Butler School Gym, 90 White St.
- Precinct Five: Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Precinct Six: Belmont Fire Headquarters, 299 Trapelo Rd.
- Precinct Seven: Burbank School Gym, 266 School St.
- Precinct Eight: Winn Brook School Gym, 97 Waterhouse Rd., enter from Cross Street.
If you are wondering if you are a registered voter and your voting precinct, go to the Town Clerk’s web page or phone the Town Clerk’s office at 617-993-2600.
A list of the candidates for town-wide office and Town Meeting can be found in the League of Women Voters guide here.
The ballot for the 2022 annual Town Election will look a little different. In addition to the customary town-wide elected offices, a new elected Municipal Light Board has been created and five members will be selected.
In addition, for Precincts 1, 2, 6, and 8, the voters will elect 36 Town Meeting Members instead of the usual 12. Precincts 3, 4, 5 and 7 will elect 12 Town Meeting Members. Belmont, like many other communities, was required to redraw Precinct borders to balance the population, as reported by the 2020 federal census, across the eight voting precincts.
Voters in Precincts 1, 2, 6 and 8 whose precinct number and voting location have been changed by the redrawing of the precinct lines have already been mailed a postcard with their new 2022 voting information. Precincts 3, 4 ,5 and 7 are unchanged.
A view of sample ballots for each precinct can be found here.
Results will be posted after 10 p.m., Tuesday, April 5 on the Town Clerk’s web page.