Photo: This year’s Belmont Serves poster
This year, Belmont Serves – the town’s day of community service held on the Columbus Day holiday – will be staying close to home.
The organizers of the annual event – the Belmont Religious Council – is asking that people chose one or several service projects (see below) to do on your own, with your family, pod, neighborhood or service group. Take a picture or a quick video and share with the community the good that is happening in Belmont.
Here are some recommended service projects for you to chose from:
- Print out a Belmont Serves Bingo Card and plan out a few service ideas with the kids! (A completed card could get you an ice cream! Details on the card)
- Clean up trash on your street, at your park
- Ask neighbors what you can do to help-yard work, change light bulbs etc..
- Plant some flower bulbs for your family or neighbor
- Go on a walk/run in your neighborhood and say hello to all those who cross your path
- Hold a car wash and give proceeds to the Belmont Food Pantry
- Support a local business
- Painting Kindness Rocks/Hope Rocks and place them near your sidewalk
- Clothing drive for Cradles to Crayons
- Thank you notes for front-line workers
- Book Exchange – donate in your neighborhood
- Belmont Helps will have a Free Mask table in Belmont Center on Monday, Oct. 12 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
High School Service Hours
Belmont High School students have community service requirement and this weekend is a great time to dedicate to getting some hours banked. In order to get credit, send your filled out form and a picture of your post or service to email@example.com and we will verify your service and endorse your form!
Post and Share your service
By sharing your service to your networks, you share the good feelings of humanity with those near and far and fill feeds with kindliness and love.
Instagram: Tag your share with @belmontserves (we will reshare to our followers!) and #belmontserves2020
Facebook: tag your share #belmontserves2020
Email: send your picture or short video to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share it on Instagram and you may even get in the local paper!