Photo: Minnons on Tuesday.
On the government side of this week:
- The Belmont Board of Selectmen will be meeting at 7 p.m., Monday, Dec. 28 in Town Hall to renew the Belmont Media Center’s agreement and review its annual report, the presentation of an RFP for the town’s Verizon contract and the appointment of a new member of the Planning Board.
• Music & Movement with Rubi, a movement and music program recommended for ages 3 to 5 (but 2-year-olds are welcome) will be held in the Flett Room on Monday, Dec. 28. There will be two sessions: 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
• Pre-School Story Time at the Benton Library, Belmont’s independent and volunteer-run library, at 10:30 a.m on Tuesday, Dec. 29. Stories and crafts for children age 3 to 5. Parents or caregivers must attend. Siblings may attend with adults. Registration is not required. The Benton Library is located at the intersection of Oakley and Old Middlesex.
• Back from visiting relatives and wondering what you can do with those kids out on the holiday recess? How about taking in a Winter Break Movie at the Belmont Public Library? Beginning at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 29, the library will be screening “MINIONS” in the Assembly Room. The movie is rated PG and has a running time of 1 hour 31 minutes. Snacks will be provided!
• Musician David Polansky returns to the Beech Street Center for its annual New Year’s Mixer on Tuesday, Dec. 29, beginning at 3 p.m. One of the most popular musicians to entertain at the Center, David Polansky will regale us with seasonal and holiday music, including original tunes.
• Celebrate New Year’s Eve a few hours early with a Family Dance Party on Thursday, Dec. 31 with Jeff Jam who plays upbeat kids’ classics for little ones from newborns to six-year-olds and their families. The show starts at 10:30 a.m. in the Belmont Public Library’s Assembly Room.