• Join Belmont Food Collaborative, the parent organization of the Belmont Farmers’ Market, and Sustainable Belmont for Organic Gardening Coffee Hour ‘Beyond the Privet: How to Safely Grow & Thrive in Your Belmont Yard!’ on Saturday, June 7 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library. Hear short presentations from experienced Belmont gardeners, then share questions and best practices on the topics of the morning:
- Common weeds and how to safely remove them
- Companion plants for vegetable/fruit gardens
- Integrated edibles with typical decorative plantings
- Basics of home composting or worm composting
This is a free talk and open to the public; all experience levels are welcome!
• Stop by the Benton Library, Belmont’s independent and volunteer library at the corner of Old Middlesex and Oakley, on your way home or after dinner as the library will be open from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. on Friday, June 6. Use their wi-fi connection, browse the collection including the New York Times best sellers and purchase some of the reasonably priced sale books; all proceeds benefit the library. The Benton is open on the first Friday evening of every month.
Leave a Review or Comment