• Noon movies for children on Tuesday, July 29, noon to 1 p.m., in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library.
- The Empty Pot
- The Mysterious Tadpole
- Caterpillar and the Polliwog
- Bats at the Library
• The Massachusetts Senior Medicare Patrol, a state-wide consumer educational organization that helps Medicare and MassHealth (Medicaid) beneficiaries to protect against, detect and report healthcare errors, fraud and abuse, will be at the Beech Street Center on Tuesday, July 29, 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. MSMP provides education, guidance and assistance to beneficiaries and their caregivers to navigate the system such as help with issues such as resolving billing and healthcare quality queries and providing referrals as needed.
• Einstein’s Workshop program for Young Adults will be exploring hydraulics on Tuesday, July 29, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Belmont Public Library’s Assembly Room. Each participant will make and take home their very own hydraulics lift. To register, go online or call 617-993-2870.
• Yoga for everyone at the Beech Street Center from 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. on Tuesday, July 28: join Susan Harris, a registered yoga teacher and associate professor of Nutrition at Tufts University for this Iyengar-inspired class which practices yoga postures slowly and with attention to alignment and safety, adapted to the abilities and needs of individual students. Practice is done with bare feet; mats and props are provided. Cost: $15/class. Non-seniors, beginners and experienced are welcome. This is a non-Council on Aging class held at the Beech Street Center. For more information, call Susan at 617-407-0816.
• Visit with wondrous animals from all over the world with the program Creature Teachers on Wednesday, July 30, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Belmont Public Library’s Assembly Room. This live animal program will educate and entertain.
• The Belmont High School Teen Techs are back at the Belmont Public Library to help residents and patrons who are looking for help with computers, the internet, e-readers, tablets and the hows and whys of the social media world. The crew will be doing their tech wizardry from 11 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, July 30 in the Young Adult Room. Register online, stop by the reference desk to register in person or call 617-993-2870 to register by phone.
• Beloved local musician Liz Buchanan performs original songs and traditional favorites on Thursday, July 31, 10:30 a.m. in the Belmont Public Library’s Assembly Room.
Leave a Review or Comment