Santa and Mrs. Claus are visiting Belmont Center tonight as the main attraction of the 24th annual Belmont Center Business Association’s “Turn on the Town” celebration taking place Thursday, Dec. 4 beginning at 6 p.m.
The Claus’ will arrive via Belmont Fire Department truck to the town’s Christmas Tree located adjacent to the Bellmont Cafe at 6:20 p.m. and then head over to the Belmont Savings Bank headquarters on Leonard Street where children (and some adults and pets) can have free photos taken with Jolly Ol’ St. Nick from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. While inside, enter to win one of five Holiday Prize Stockings stuffed with goodies.
Celebrate the season of giving and bring non-perishable food items or unwrapped toys to be donated to the Belmont Food Pantry.
There will be stuff happening throughout the Center:
- Face painting at The Toy Store of Belmont.
- Cupcake decorating at Champions Sporting Goods.
- Charity Central at il Casale sponsored by Hammond Residential.
- Hot cocoa at Belmont Savings Bank & Hammond Realty.
- The Powers Music School will be performing at Chocolate Dream at 6:30 p.m. with the Vanezia Dance Group at 7:15 p.m.
- The Belmont High School Madrigals will be caroling everywhere.
- Frosty and Rudolph will be greetings the tall and small throughout the streets.
- Hot fried dough at Stonehearth Pizza, sponsored by Coldwell Banker.
- Glow bracelets will be given out inside Belmont Savings Bank.
- A balloon artist is sponsored by East Boston Savings Bank.
While at the bank, residents can purchase tickets for next week’s Holly Jolly Trolley tours.
See you there.