Photo: This year’s poster.
The Foundation for Belmont Education, a non-profit group that supports educational excellence and enrichment in the Belmont Public Schools, is pleased to host the fourth annual Dan Scharfman Memorial Run on Sunday, Oct. 2 at 9:30 a.m.
The Scharfman Run takes place from 9:30 a.m. to noon, beginning at the Belmont High School Harris Field track and takes a scenic route past the town’s schools, Payson Park Reservoir and Clay Pit Pond.
Runners and walkers can register the day of the race at the Belmont High School track.
Proceeds from the run enable the FBE to fund new programs in the Belmont Public School system and give educators and students the best tools, technology, and training to foster innovation and love of learning.
The following road closings will occur on October 2nd to ensure the safety of participants:
- 6 a.m. – 12 p.m.: No Parking on East/West side of Concord Ave between Cottage Ave and Underwood;
- 6 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: No Parking on Goden Street between School Street and Concord Ave;
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: School Street closed between Myrtle and Philip Road;
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: No exit onto Oakley from Selwyn and Hurd;
- Between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.: Drivers should be aware of runners on the 5K course (Concord Ave / Orchard Road / Stone Road / School Street / Philip / Elizabeth Road / Jacob / Payson / Oakley / Goden / Concord / Underwood); and
- Between 10:45 a.m. and 11 a.m.: Concord Ave Westbound will have young runners in the bike lane running against traffic between Underwood and Goden. Cones will separate runners from traffic.
The Foundation thanks the residents of Belmont and the Belmont Police Department for their support of the Dan Scharfman Memorial Run and appreciates the community’s understanding of the disruption in normal traffic patterns.
The Foundation for Belmont Education is a community-sponsored, non-profit, charitable organization run by volunteers. The FBE was founded in 1993 to support educational excellence and enrichment in the Belmont Public Schools and is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to making a difference in the Belmont Public Schools.