Photo: The project even has a logo.
It will likely be the largest and most expensive construction project in Belmont’s history. So don’t you want to know more about the new Belmont High School?
Join the Belmont High School Building Committee for a community engagement meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 19, at 7 p.m. in the Chenery Middle School auditorium, 95 Washington St.
The night’s agenda will include:
- High School Building Project updates
- Introduction of the Project Design team
- District Enrollment Update and Grade Configuration discussion
- Results of Recent Education Visioning workshops
- Questions and comments
“The Community Meetings will be a great chance for the public to hear and comment about the recent work of the Belmont High School Building Committee,” said Belmont School Superintendent John Phelan.
“This will include meeting the Project Team: Daedalus Projects and Perkins+Will who will be leading this work. The audience will also learn about the enrollment and space challenges of the school, the three grade configurations being considered (7-12, 8-12, 9-12) as well as the ‘visioning’ work of the school system as it relates to the design of the new building,” said Phelan.
Additional community meetings will take place:
- Friday, Oct. 13 at 1:15 p.m. at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Saturday, Oct. 28 at 10 a.m. at Belmont High School.
- Wednesday, Nov. 15 at 7:30 p.m. at Belmont Town Hall
- Tuesday, Dec. 12 at 7 p.m. at Belmont High School
To sign up for email updates and to learn more about the Belmont High School Building Project, including project timelines, videos, meeting schedules, presentations, and more, please visit its webpage.
Email questions to BHS-BC@belmont-ma.gov