Photo: Sharing your experiences during this pandemic.
The Belmont Historical Society is asking residents to be part of history by sharing their experiences during this extraordinary time of pandemic.
The Society is reaching out to the local community to help document how covid-19 is affecting everyday life in relation to families, homes and lifestyles in an invaluable first-hand account for future generations.
“We are reminded that we who live today are making tomorrow’s history,” said Viktoria Hasse, president of the Historical Society, which is celebrating its 90th anniversary in 2020.
Similar efforts in other towns have included collecting photographs, home videos, short written accounts and other creative expressions that capture the now circumstances.
Examples of ideas the Historical Society is looking for include:
- turning kitchen tables into a home office so they can work from the house,
- waiting in long lines at the grocery store,
- leaving food on the doorstep of a parent or relative,
- keeping their distance from others by staying within the taped marks on floors of local businesses,
- remembering to wear a mask in public, and
- being prevented from visiting family members who are in the hospital or skilled care facilities.
“I am sure that you have experienced some of the above as well some specific and more personal ways the current lifestyle restrictions are affecting you, your family and your community,” said Hasse.
You can send your submissions via our email address at, firstname.lastname@example.org or to our postal address at,
Belmont Historical Society
P. O. Box 125
Belmont MA 02478
or visit us at our website: www.Belmonthistoricalsociety.org