Photo: You know the drill.
A good ol’ Nor’easter will dump between four inches to a foot of snow in Belmont all-day Thursday, Feb. 9.
At 10 a.m. today, Wednesday, Feb. 8, the National Weather Service issued a Winter Storm Warning for eastern Massachusetts including Belmont from 6 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 9 to midnight, Friday, Feb. 10.
Here are the details from the NSW:
- Heavy snow with accumulations between 4 to 12 inches.
- Snow will begin early Thursday morning and last through much of the day before ending Thursday evening.
- Snow could fall heavy at times and impact both the morning and evening commutes.
- Hazardous travel due to snow covered roads and poor visibilities. Blowing and drifting snow is possible.
- Winds will be out of the North 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
The NWS provided a pair of maps relating to the amount of snow that we can expect to be shoveling. See below.