Photo: The Daniel Butler Elementary School.
The Butler Elementary Principal Screening Committee has completed its work and has forwarded to Superintendent John Phelan four candidates as finalists, according to Mary Pederson, director of human resources for the Belmont Public Schools and a member of the search committee.
Those candidates are:
- Julie Babson has worked in the Belmont Public Schools since 1998. Currently, she is a third-grade teacher. Before moving to the elementary schools, she taught fifth grade at the Chenery Middle School.
- Danielle Batencourt is currently a vice principal at the Brophy Elementary School in Framingham. She has taught second and first grades, respectively, in Newton and Dorchester.
- Brad Kershner is presently the Director of the Primary School within the Conservatory Lab Charter School in Brighton. Prior to that position, he taught at the preschool and elementary school levels in San Francisco and Berkley.
- Tiffany Back is the assistant principal and teacher at the Bowen Elementary School in Newton. Back also taught grades 4 and 5 at the Franklin and Underwood elementary schools in Newton, and the Paton Elementary School in Shrewsbury beginning in 2000.
The public is invited to meet the candidates in the Butler’s library at the times listed:
Thursday, June 2
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.: Julie Babson
- 7:15 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Danielle Batencourt
- 8 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.: Brad Kershner
Monday, June 6
- 6 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.: Tiffany Back