Belmont Fire Log: Monkey Business at McLean

Left on the stove top

Aug. 17 – Right at 7 p.m., Engines 1 and 2, the Ladder truck and Rescue 1 were sent to an apartment complex at 655 Trapelo Rd. for a reported fire. It turned out to be food left to cook a bit too long.

Leaving the stove top on

Aug. 19 – At a quarter ’til 11 p.m., Engine 1 and Ladder 1 were sent to a multi-family on Thingvalla Avenue for a gas leak. Turned out that someone left the stove top on so it smelled a bit gassy.

Forgot your keys?

Aug. 20 – At a quarter until 10 a.m., firefighters were sent to Clyde Street to help a resident who was locked out of his home.

Not mulch of a problem

Aug. 20 – At 1:22 p.m., Engine 2 traveled to the corner of Blanchard Road and Concord Avenue for a grass fire. In fact, it was a “small” mulch fire in the island between the east and wet bound lanes of Concord Avenue. It was put out.

McLean monkey business

Aug. 22 – Fire crews were sent to McLean Hospital off Mill Street for a possible biological hazard after a hospital employee pulled the fire alarm after smelling what was describe as a “rotten egg” odor that could be detected on all four floors of the effected building including the basement hallways and tunnels.

In conducting their investigation, firefighters determined the odor came from the work a plumber was performing using a chemical to unclog a floor drain in a laboratory where the primates are held.

Share This ArticleShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on LinkedInPrint this pageEmail this to someone

Leave a Review or Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *