Photo: Diggin’ it in Cushing Square.
Dig this … which is exactly what construction crews are doing on the proposed site of Cushing Village, according to developer Toll Brothers.
In his monthly update, Otto Weiss, the project manager for Toll Brothers’ Apartment Living division which is building the 168,000 square foot development in the heart of Cushing Square, said the project was on the ground as the site was being prepared for the building of the foundations for the three-building complex.
Current site activities include:
- Moving dewatering equipment onto the location along Trapelo Road where they will begin the dewatering the soil on the week of April 3
- The pavement in the former municipal parking lot and the foundations of the old buildings along Common Street has been removed.
- Public comments and responses to the company’s Release Abatement Measure (RAM) Plan have been uploaded to the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.
Next up for the project include:
- Excavation and soil removal in the former parking lot will begin in a week or two.
- Detailing the architectural plans continues during the coming months.
- Foundation construction for the Winslow Building – located on the municipal lot – will begin in the Spring.
As for the last tenant on site, Starbucks will remain open until late Spring/early Summer this year, according to Weiss.