Photo: From the poster of The Servant of Two Masters presented by the BHS PAC on Nov. 18-20.
The Belmont High School Performing Arts Company is presenting its fall play, THE SERVANTS OF TWO MASTERS, on Thursday, Nov. 18, Friday, Nov. 19, and Saturday, Nov. 20 in the high school’s Black Box Theater.
Written by Italian playwright Carlo Goldoni in 1746 and revised in 1789, The Servant of Two Masters is a comedy for audiences of all ages. Based on the traditional Commedia dell’arte, the play features physical comedy, wordplay, music, slapstick gags, wild costumes, candy colored scenery, and a madcap plot that will leave your head spinning.
Tickets are $12 for adults, $7 for children and $5 for BHS students/staff. Tickets can be purchased online, and advance ticket purchase recommended as these performances sell out.
Performances are Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m., with a special 2:40 p.m. performance on Friday just for BHS students/staff.
Details about the show and ticket sales at bhs-pac.org
As we invite audiences back into our schools, here are some guidelines for those who plan to attend theater events this year:
- MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED for all audience members.
- Food/drinks will not be allowed in performance spaces.
- The size of our Black Box Theater means that there is not a guarantee of distancing for audience members. We encourage family units to sit together, but at sold out shows, you will be seated directly adjacent to others.
- Some students performing on stage for theater events will be unmasked. These students have been required by the Belmont School Committee to be vaccinated.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 should not attendperformances. You can reference the BPS Student Symptom Checker here.
We appreciate your compliance with these requirements.