Photo: Meet Belmont is happening at the Belmont Day School.
One of the many unintended consequences of the construction of the new Belmont Middle and High School is the loss of the school’s cafeteria for out of school activities. And one of the casualties was Meet Belmont, the end-of-summer communal get together for new residents and long-time townies.
But thanks to scrambling by the Meet Belmont Planning Committee, the annual event has a new home for 2019 as the 17th Meet Belmont Community Information Fair will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 27 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Belmont Day School Gymnasium, 55 Day School Ln. off of upper Concord Avenue.
This event brings together Belmont’s nonprofit/volunteer organizations, Town government and local officials, and new and settled residents in a fully accessible and friendly environment.
You can expect to:
- Meet local government and nonprofit leaders—approximately 80 organizations have registered as exhibitors to date
- Discover recreation and arts programs
- Find community organizations, volunteering and other activities
- Participate in our democracy—register to vote
- and support the Belmont Food Bank with your contribution of nonperishable items
This is an ideal event for anyone interested in our schools, enrichment programs, other local nonprofits, volunteering