Photo: Belmont High Madrigal Singers.
On the government side of “This Week”
- It’s a holiday edition of the Belmont Board of Selectmen on Monday, Dec. 21, at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. After a few administrative duties, the board will hear a two-hour presentation of Pension Obligation Bonds and an actuarial report on the town’s OPEB (Other Post-Employment Benefits). Oh boy!
- The Cable TV Advisory Committee is meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 22 at 3 p.m. at Town Hall to discuss Verizon’s contract renewal.
• Music & Movement with Rubi, a movement and music program recommended for ages 3 to 5 (but 2-year-olds are welcome) will be held in the Assembly Room on Monday, Dec. 21. There will be two sessions: 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
• The Belmont Public Library is holding a Teen Holiday Party on Monday, Dec. 21 at 7 p.m. in the Assembly Room. Bake and decorate Christmas cookies, make tree ornaments, eat pizza and snacks, and sing karaoke. For teens 5th grade and up. Free, no sign-up necessary. If you have any questions, please ask Kylie at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The “new” court in the Wenner Field House will see its first varsity basketball games as the Belmont High School Girls’ and Boys’ Basketball teams will face the Wildcats of Wilmington High on Monday, Dec. 21. The Boys’ game will start at 5 p.m. and the Girls’ at 7 p.m.
• Pre-School Story Time at the Benton Library, Belmont’s independent and volunteer-run library, at 10:30 a.m on Tuesday, Dec. 22. Stories and crafts for children age 3 to 5. Parents or caregivers must attend. Siblings may attend with adults. Registration is not required. The Benton Library is located at the intersection of Oakley and Old Middlesex.
• The Belmont High School Madrigal Singers will perform seasonal music at the Beech Street Center on Tuesday, Dec. 22 at 3 p.m.
• Come see the Belmont High Girls’ Ice Hockey team – no longer a cooperative with Watertown – play on home ice as they host the Wilmington High Wildcats at the “Skip” (the skating rink on Concord Avenue) at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 23.
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day office hours around Belmont:
- Town Hall and all Town Offices will close at noon on Thursday, Dec. 24 and remain closed on Christmas Day, Friday, Dec. 25.
- The Belmont Public Library will have limited hours on Thursday, Dec. 24 from 9 a.m. until noon and will be closed on Christmas day, Friday, Dec. 25 and Boxing Day, Saturday, Dec. 26.
- Beech Street Center will close at 1 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 24, Christmas eve, and Christmas Day, Friday, Dec. 25 for the Holiday.