Photo: And they are off in the 10th FBE Apple Run
This is a run that makes a difference.
Now in its 10th year, the Foundation for Belmont Education Apple Run 5K/2K will see hundreds of runners take to the streets of Belmont to support public education and innovation in the Belmont Public Schools. Since the inaugural event in 2013, the Apple Run has raised more than $200,000 for the Foundation for Belmont Education, a 501c3 non-profit organization that awards grants to the Belmont Public Schools to enrich the education provided to Belmont students.
FBE APPLE RUN takes place on SUNDAY, OCT. 2, on Harris Field at Belmont HIgh School. The 5K will start at 9:30 a.m.; the 2K at 10:45 a.m.
The FBE Apple Run 5K follows a scenic, 5-kilometer route through Belmont. Starting and ending at the Belmont High School track at Harris Field on Concord Avenue, the course passes by four of the town’s six public schools – Burbank, Chenery, Wellington, and the High School – and the historic Payson Park Reservoir. The course ends back at the track.
Go get your sneakers, your family, friends, neighbors, classmates, and teammates, and get out and run at this great Fall community event.
There are many great reasons to run:
- You get to run with your community, family, and friends!
- The first 400 runners get a very cool 10th anniversary dri-fit T-shirt!
- Run to win! Prizes available for the fastest per age group (10-year increments), the largest team, the fastest team, and the most festive running outfit!
- Get motivated to run by the great tunes from FBE Apple Run DJ Paul Madden!
- This event is for everyone, any age and any pace!
- Run because the money raised funds grants to educators in the Belmont Public Schools to implement innovative programs and advanced technology that result in richer and deeper learning experiences for our students!
- Belmont has been running for education for 10 years now – let’s keep running to fund our students and educators!
Please visit our website to learn more about how the FBE makes a difference in the Belmont Public Schools.
CAN’T RUN? VOLUNTEER!
Please sign-up here and donate a little of your time. Thank you for your support.
The Foundation for Belmont Education is grateful for your support!