Merry Christmas, Belmont. If after unwrapping all your presents and watching the latest holiday movie on the Hallmark Channel you have a “need” to get out of the house, here are a few places around town open on Christmas.
Christmas Eve early closings:
- All Belmont Town Offices and the Public Library will close at Noon, Christmas Eve.
- Both Starbucks locations are closing at 5 p.m.
- Star Market at 353 Trapelo Rd. is closing at 6 p.m.
- Craft Beer Cellar at 51 Leonard St. in the Center will close at 6 p.m.
- The Dunkin’ at 353 Trapelo Rd. near Beech Street has a big sign in the window that says “Open on Christmas. Normal Hours! So it will be open from 5 a.m. until 11 p.m.
- The store located at 52 Church St. in Waverley Square is closed on Christmas.
- The newest Dunkin’ in town at 350 Pleasant St. will be open from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Belmont Center stores at 47 Leonard St. and 110 Trapelo Rd. will be closed.
- The stores at 264 Trapelo Rd. and 60 Leonard St. in Belmont Center will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Christmas, but the pharmacy at both locations will is closed.
- Belmont’s supermarket located at 535 Trapelo Rd. is closed for the day.
- What would Christmas be if the local movie theater was closed? Thankfully, Belmont’s Studio Cinema at Trapelo and Beech will be open and screening Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker at 1:30 p.m., 4:45 p.m., and 8 p.m.
If you are looking to get around on the MBTA:
- The Fitchburg/South Acton Commuter Line will operate a Sunday schedule while buses and trackless trolleys that operate in Belmont are likewise running on a Sunday schedule.