Less than a month before the beginning of the school year but it still feels like summer as there is a limited amount of activities around Belmont this week. But next week will see the beginning of fall sports practice.
• Join the Belmont Public Library for the following movies for children on Tuesday, August 12 at noon Assembly Room
- Rosie’s Walk
- The Little Red Hen
- The Pigs’ Wedding
- Trouble in the Barkers’ Class
- Beverly Billingsly Borrows a Book
• Belmont resident Arnie Rosen has played guitar for more than 50 years and isn’t bad on several other instruments as well. The wonderful song leader is back to the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St., by popular demand for a sing-along on Tuesday, Aug. 12, at 1:15 p.m. The concert is free.
• Can you freeze a balloon? What does liquid nitrogen look like? How cold is “cold”? Learn which items freeze or defrost fastest and why cryogenics is such a hot field at the Einstein’s Workshop program for Young Adults about Cryogenics on Tuesday, Aug. 12 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Belmont Public Library’s Assembly Room. Registration is required either online or by calling 617-993-2870. For ages 10 and up.
• The Belmont Public Library is providing one-on-one Digital Library Help on Wednesday, August 6, from 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. in the Reference Room. Learn how to download eBooks from the library and set up a device. Get started with Zinio to read free digital magazines. E-mail and Internet basics, social media, or basic computer skills. Registration is required; register online or call 617-993-2870 to register by phone. Some services require downloading an app. Please come prepared with your Apple ID, Adobe ID, Amazon Account information, or other password and log in information for your device.
• Duplicate Bridge Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Wednesday at the Beech Street Center at 266 Beech St. The club holds American Contact Bridge League-sanctioned games. All are welcome to play. Cost is $7. Phone: 339-223-6484 for more information.
• The group Sciencetellers presents Dragons & Dreams, stories and science come to life through visually exciting experiments, will occur on Wednesday, Aug. 13 starting at 2 p.m. in the Belmont Public Library’s Assembly Room. If you’re in the room, you’re part of the story.
• Move, dance and sing along with acclaimed Brazilian musician Sulinha Boucher on Thursday, Aug. 14, from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the library’s Assembly Room
• State Sen. Will Brownsberger will be holding office hours on Friday, Aug. 15, at 10 a.m. at the Beech Street Center.
Leave a Review or Comment