• The best of the Belmont High School senior thesis papers will be honored at the annual Lillian Blacker Awards being held from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Belmont High School Library. The Blacker awards are presented each year to three High School seniors for outstanding writing ability on their senior theses. Each student entering their final year at Belmont High is required to read, research, and write a lengthy paper investigating a literary topic. English faculty members determine the winners after an extensive reading process.
• The Chenery Middle School Honors Concert featuring the most advanced ensembles at the school will take place beginning at 7 p.m. in the school’s auditorium.
• The annual meeting of the Belmont Historical Society will take place from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Belmont Public Library’s Assembly Room. Joe Cornish will give a presentation on ‘Recognizing Belmont’s Historic Homes: Historic House Plaque Program.’
• The Belmont Solar Car team is holding a fundraising night at Panara Bread in the Fresh Pond Mall at 174 Alewife Brook Parkway in Cambridge from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. in which the restaurant will donate a percentage of its sales during the event to the team.
• The Belmont Public Library’s Children Room is sponsoring “Print Making for Books: a program for children” beginning at 2:30 p.m. in the library’s Assembly Room. Sign-up is required; please call the Children’s Room at 617-993-2880 to sign up.
• Belmont High School’s Boys’ Tennis will host the SpyPonders of Arlington High at the High School tennis courts beginning at 4 p.m.
Leave a Review or Comment