Photo: The heat map from the National Weather Service.
Due to the current period of high heat and humidity, the Town of Belmont encourages everyone to stay cool and hydrated and to check on elderly friends and neighbors while following good social distancing practices.
Seniors with questions about staying cool during this especially warm period are encouraged to contact the Beech Street Center by phone at 617-993-2970
Please help Belmont save energy by reducing your electricity consumption between 4 pm and 8 pm. Reducing electricity consumption helps Belmont Light maintain a safe electric delivery system and ultimately saves you money on your bill.
Please see http://www.BelmontLight.com, Belmont Light’s Facebook page or the bottom of the page for tips on how to conserve energy at your home. If you have any questions, please call 617-993-2800.
Here are some tips to reduce Belmont peak electricity consumption:
- Adjust air conditioners and turn off the AC in rooms that are not used. Adjusting the thermostat even by 2-3 degrees helps.
- Use a microwave oven or an outdoor grill instead of a stove or a regular oven.
- Shift laundry and dishwashing activities until after 8 p.m.
- Unplug DVRs or gaming consoles when not in use.
- Hold off charging electric vehicles until later in the evening.