Photo: Election day in Belmont.
The annual Belmont Town Election will take place in one week, Tuesday, April 7, 2015, according to Town Clerk Ellen Cushman.
And below is information that will make the process of casting your ballot all the easier.
For voting purposes, Belmont is divided into eight voting precincts, located as follows:
- Precinct 1 – Belmont Memorial Library, Assembly Room, 336 Concord Ave.
- Precinct 2 – Belmont Town Hall, Selectmen’s Room, 455 Concord Ave.
- Precinct 3 – Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Precinct 4 – Daniel Butler School, Gymnasium, 90 White St.
- Precinct 5 – Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Precinct 6 – Belmont Fire Headquarters, 299 Trapelo Rd.
- Precinct 7 – Burbank School, Gymnasium, 266 School St.
- Precinct 8 – Winn Brook School, Gymnasium, 97 Waterhouse Rd. (Enter from Cross Street)
Please adhere to the posted parking restrictions and use caution to ensure safety of pedestrians around the voting precincts.
Election Day Campaigning
The Town Clerk and the Board of Registrars of Voters reminds all residents that no campaign signs, stickers, buttons or materials may be displayed within 150 feet of each polling place. This prohibition, per Massachusetts General Laws, Ch. 54, §65, even extends to a candidate whose name is on the ballot, when the candidate is not actively voting. The maps that display the 150 foot radius are posted on the Town Clerk’s website under Campaigning: Running for Elected Office and Town Meeting.
Are You Registered to Vote in Belmont and Eligible to Vote April 7?
If you are wondering if you are a registered voter and/or your voting precinct, please go to the
or phone the Town Clerk’s office at 617-993-2600.
The deadline to register to vote and make changes to voter registration such as address was March 18 at 8 p.m. Any forms received after that date or not postmarked by that date will be process AFTER the April 7 election.
Election Results – How Do I Find Out the Results?
Election results for each precinct are announced by the Warden of each precinct after the close of the polls. The Unofficial Townwide Results will be announced at Town Hall and posted on the home page of the Town website as soon as they are available Tuesday evening or phone the Town Clerk’s office at 617-993-2600 on Wednesday morning. Campaign representatives are welcome to wait at Town Hall for the printed results.