Photo: The Record Players.
• The Record Players will celebrate their fifteenth year of tribute to The Judith K. Record Memorial Conservation Fund with a night of chamber music on Saturday, Jan. 31 at 7:30 p.m. at The First Church, Belmont, 404 Concord Ave.
This concert is a collaboration between the Players and the Judith K. Record Memorial Conservation Fund, bringing together people who find inspiration and beauty through music and nature. The concert, which is open to the public free of charge, serves as our annual appeal and is supported by pre-concert private and corporate sponsorships.
Contributions are accepted at the door. All proceeds from the concert go to the fund’s endowment managed by Mass Audubon.
The original core of musicians – Flutist and Founder, Andrea M. Nolin; Colin Davis, violin and Sarah Freiberg, cello – will be joined by clarinetist Ray Jackendoff and pianist Leslie Amper, who has captivated audiences with her “stupendous” performances throughout the Boston area, the United States and Europe.
The program includes:
- Stamitz’s Trio in G, Op.14.
- Beethoven’s Clarinet Trio, Op. 11.
- Martinu’s “Promenades” for flute, violin and piano.
- Brahms’ Clarinet Trio, in A minor, Op. 114.
• Join singer-songwriter Vanessa Trien, local rock star to the young (and young at heart) on Saturday, Jan. 31 at 10:30 a.m. in the Belmont Public Library’s Assembly Room for a morning of singing and dancing. This event is part of the Children’s Room’s Saturday Sing-Along Series.
• Head over to the “Skip” (the ‘Skip’ Vigiloro Skating Rink on Concord Avenue adjacent to Harris Field) on Saturday, Jan. 31 at 1 p.m. to see the Belmont High School Boys’ Ice Hockey Marauders take on the Rockets of Reading Memorial High School in Middlesex League play.