Photo: Solstice Sackbuts.
On the government side of “This Week”:
- The Belmont Board of Selectmen is meeting twice on Monday, Dec. 14: at 8 a.m., the board will approve a boat load of Common Vic licenses as well as approve next year’s property tax rate. At 7 p.m., the board will hear from the Community Path Implementation Committee on what they’ve been doing and more licenses and stuff. Both meetings at Town Hall.
- The Belmont School Committee meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 15 at the Chenery Middle School where it will discuss the district’s accountability status and vote on the PARCC testing system.
- The Belmont Vision 21 Implementation Committee meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 15 in Town Hall.
- The Belmont Planning Board is meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 15 in Town Hall where it will discuss monitoring the Cushing Village project and discuss cases both new and continued.
- Pre-School Story Time at the Benton Library, Belmont’s independent and volunteer-run library, at 10:30 a.m. Stories and crafts for children age 3 to 5. Parents or caregivers must attend. Siblings may attend with adults. Registration is not required. The Benton Library located at the intersection of Oakley and Old Middlesex.
- Pre-School Storytime at the Belmont Public Library beginning at 9:30 a.m. We’ll read longer books, sing, and dance, and make simple crafts. For 3-5-year-olds with a longer attention span.
• Staff from US Rep. Katherine Clark’s office will be available for walk-in office hours at the Beech Street Center, Tuesday, Dec. 15, 1. p.m. noon to 2 p.m.