Photo: Burbank Elementary School Garden.
On the government side of “This Week”:
- The Board of Selectmen will meet on Monday, June 1, at 5:30 p.m. at the Chenery Middle School to sign a few contracts, approve applications and take a series of votes on Warrant Committee articles and amendments.
- The School Committee will discuss pending articles and amendments that will come before Town Meeting when it meets at 6 p.m., on Monday, June 1, and Wednesday, June 3, at the Chenery Middle School.
- The Warrant Committee meet on Monday, June 1, and and Wednesday, June 3, at 6:30 p.m. at the Chenery Middle School to discuss financial articles and amendments.
- The Community Path Implementation Advisory Committee will meet at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 2, at Town Hall, where they will identify challenges with potential routes.
- The Planning Board meets on Tuesday, June 2, at 7 p.m. where they will discus the next step on the citizen petition zoning amendment.
- The Underwood Pool Building Committee will meet on Thursday, June 4, at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall.
• Belmont Town Meeting reconvenes with its focus on financial articles. The meeting takes place on Monday, June 1, at 7 p.m. at the Chenery Middle School.
• State Rep Dave Rogers will be holding office hours on Tuesday, June 2, at 9:30 a.m. at the Beech Street Center.
• The Benton Library, Belmont’s independent and volunteer run library at the corner of Old Middlesex and Oakley, will be holding Summer Pre-School Story Time at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 2, with stories and crafts for children 3 to 5. Younger siblings may attend with adults. Parents or caregivers must be present. Registration is not required. Pre-School Story Time meets at 10:30 a.m. every Tuesday and Friday throughout the summer.
• Sing-along with Julie will take place on Wednesday, June 3, at 10:30 a.m. in the Children’s Room.
• On early release Wednesday, June 3, from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., Chenery Middle School student can stop by the Belmont Public Library’s Assembly Room, work on your homework, enjoy some lemonade and cookies, and try out an activity. This is for middleschoolers only, so high school students can do something else. The activity is funded by the Friends of the Belmont Public Library. Just drop in.
• The Belmont High School Jazz Ensemble, Massachusetts Association for Jazz Education’s gold medalists, will be performing at Ryles Jazz Club, 212 Hampshire St., Cambridge, on June 3 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $5.
• The Friends of the Belmont Public Library annual meeting will take place on Thursday, June 4, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
• The LEGO Club for kindergarteners through second graders is back on Thursday, June 4 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library. Drop in anytime. Members will be creating their own unique LEGO structures. All LEGOs will be provided.
• The 7th-8th Grade Book Group from the Chenery Middle School meets Thursday, June 4, at 7 p.m., at Belmont Public Library’s Young Adult Room.
• The Burbank Elementary School Garden Opening Celebration will take place at 3 p.m. on Friday, June 5, at the school on School Street with ribbon cutting and activities for families in the new Garden Classroom and in Burbank’s organic vegetable garden, also established this year with co-sponsorship from Massachusetts Agriculture in the Classroom.