• Only one government meeting this Christmas week: Monday, Dec. 22, at 7 p.m., the Zoning Board of Appeals will discuss a special permit to allow the Armstrong Ambulance Service to run ambulances from a satellite office at 1010 Pleasant St. The meeting will take place at the Belmont Gallery of Art on the third floor of the Homer Building in the Town Hall complex.
• Belmont High School junior Rahul Ramakrishnan will give a piano recital at the Beech Street Center on Tuesday, Dec. 23, at 4 p.m. The works to be performed include:
- “Invention 3 in D Major” by Bach
- “Sicilienne” by Maria-Theresa Von Paradis
- “Three Waltzes, Op.171, No. 2” by Schubert
- “Prelude, Op.43, No.1” by Reinhold M. Gliere
- “Minute Waltz, Op.64, No.1” by Chopin
Ramakrishnan – who is a member of the school’s WGBH’s High School Quiz Show team and a tennis player – will be followed by his sister, Anjali, who will play several pieces to round out the program. The concert is free of charge.
• The Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St. will be holding a Holiday Concert with David Polansky on Tuesday, Dec. 23, at 1:15 p.m. One of the most popular musicians to entertain at the Center, Polansky will present seasonal and holiday music, including three original Christmas, Hanukah and Kwanza tunes. David sings and plays keyboard and trumpet. Come and enjoy; it’s free.
• Trash and recycling collection will take place on Christmas Eve, Wednesday, Dec. 24. For those homes on a Thursday pickup, you’ll only need to wait one day as curbside collection will take place on Boxing Day, Friday, Dec. 26.