• The last day of the school year in Belmont is Friday, June 20. It’s also an early release day.
• The Payson Park Music Festival celebrates a quarter of century of offering an outdoor musical venue for Belmont residents and those from surrounding communities with the first concert of the season on Wednesday, June 18 which will be a Battle of the Bands sponsored by the Belmont Savings Bank. The show gets underway at 6:45 p.m. at Payson Park at the corner of Payson Road and Elm Street. Bring the kids, a picnic and enjoy the summer
• US. Rep. Katherine Clark will be holding Belmont office hours at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St., on Tuesday, June 17, at 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Meet with the Representative or one of her staff. They will also be bringing coffee.
• There will be music from the Chenery Middle School at the Beech Street Center on Tuesday, June 17, at 1:15 p.m. with the the Flute Ensemble, Double Reed Ensemble and the Sixth Grade Jazz Combo.
The Belmont Public Library is providing one-on-one Digital Library Help on Wednesday, June 18, from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Reference Room. Learn how to download eBooks from the library and set up a device. Get started with Zinio to read free digital magazines. E-mail and Internet basics, social media, or basic computer skills. Registration is required; register online or call 617-993-2870 to register by phone. Some services require downloading an app. Please come prepared with your Apple ID, Adobe ID, Amazon Account information, or other password and log in information for your device.
• The ACH Piano Studio’s Ani Hovsepian will present a recital featuring 21 young musicians, the majority of whom are Belmont residents, at the Beech Street Center on Friday, June 20 at 6 p.m. From young beginners to advanced musicians, the students all share love for music and take special pride in offering their achievements to the Town’s seniors. They hope to foster interest in classical music and create a generation-to-generation bond!
• State Sen. Will Brownsberger will be holding office hours at the Beech Street Center on Friday, June 20, at 10 a.m.
• Starting on Friday, June 20 and lasting for the next five Fridays, the Beech Street Center will be holding “Learn to Ballroom Dance” classes. The first class free of charge and there is no obligation. Learn how to dance or improve your present skills with our accomplished and popular teacher, Paul Hughes.