On the government end of “This Week”:
- The Board of Selectmen is meeting at 6 p.m., Monday, Aug. 17, at Town Hall. The board will vote on a possible sale of the municipal parking lot in Cushing Square to all for the construction of Cushing Village and discussing the recommendation from the Special Town Meeting urging the board to adopt the original design for the Belmont Center Reconstruction Project.
- The School Committee along with School Administrators will meet after its annual summer retreat at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 18, at the School Administration Building at 644 Pleasant St. Lots of talks of strategic plans, logistics and school committee goals for the coming year.
- The Temporary Net Metering Working Advisory Group is meeting on Thursday, Aug. 20, at 7:30 p.m. in Town Hall.
• Pre-School Summer Story Time at the Benton Library, Belmont’s independent and volunteer run library, on Tuesday, Aug. 18 at 10:30 a.m. Stories and crafts for children age 3 to 5. Parents or caregivers must attend. Siblings may attend with adults. Registration is not required. The Benton Library is located at the intersection of Oakley and Old Middlesex.
• Kelsey Perkins of US Rep. Katherine Clark‘s staff will be holding office hours in Belmont at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St., on Tuesday, Aug. 18, from noon to 1 p.m.
• There will be a Genre Party for 4th to 6th graders from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 19, in the Assembly Room of Belmont Public Library.
• Blues Dogs with Belmont’s own Bob Jones will be performing at this week’s Payson Park Music Festival beginning at 6:30-ish p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 18 at the Payson Park Playground, at the corner of Payson and Elm.
• Belmont Public Library’s “Chillin’ with Villains – Marvel Movie Series” continues on Friday, Aug. 21 at 2 p.m. with a screening of “Dick Tracy” in the Assembly Room.
• Barbara Miranda, State Sen. Will Brownsberger‘s Chief of Staff, will be holding office hours in Belmont at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St., on Friday. Aug. 21, from noon to 1 p.m.