Photo: Youthquake Theater presents “Midsummer Night’s Dream.”
On the government side of “The Week”
- The Temporary Net Metering Working Advisory Group is meeting on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 24-27, at 7:30 p.m. in Town Hall, to discuss its draft report.
- The Community Path Implementation Advisory Committee is meeting on Wednesday, Aug. 26, at 6 p.m. at Town Hall to discuss challenges the path faces.
- Board of Library Trustees is meeting on Thursday, Aug. 27, at 7 p.m. in the Claflin Room of the Belmont Public Library.
• Pre-School Summer Story Time at the Benton Library, Belmont’s independent and volunteer run library, on Tuesday, Aug. 25 at 10:30 a.m.5 Stories and crafts for children age 3 to 5. Parents or caregivers must attend. Siblings may attend with adults. Registration is not required. The Benton Library is located at the intersection of Oakley and Old Middlesex.
• The third annual Beech Street Center Talent Show will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 25, at 1:15 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
• Youthquake Theater presents the Bard’s “Midsummer Night’s Dream,” Tuesday, Aug. 25, at 4 p.m. at the Beech Street Center. One of Shakespeare’s most popular comedies. Follow the chaos and passion of four love-struck youths as they find their way through the forest and to each other! Youthquake Theater productions are organized, acted and directed entirely by children and teens, ages 12 to 17.
• Meet Belmont, the annual community information fair, is being held on Tuesday, Aug. 25, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Chenery Middle School at the intersection of Washington Street and Oakley Road.
• The Payson Park Music Festival‘s season comes to an end with the BaHa Brothers knocking off summertime tunes at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 26, in the Payson Park Playground, at the corner of Payson and Elm.
• Come to the Belmont Farmers Market, rain or shine, on Thursday, Aug. 26, from 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Municipal Parking Lot.
• Orientation for Incoming Belmont High School Freshmen and Parents/Guardians will take place at 5 p.m. Thursday, Aug 26 in the High School Auditorium. A pizza supper for the freshmen and Class Connectors will also be provided. Parents need to pick up their students at 7:45 p.m.