Photo: Hoopla, a software reader that allows library patrons to instantly borrow free digital movies, music, and more, 24/7 with your library card.
On the government side of “This Week”:
- The Board of Health meets on Tuesday, June 30 at 5:30 p.m., in Town Hall. The agenda includes a meet and greet with the owner of Arlington’s Vintage Tea and Cake while John Maguranis, the town’s animal control officer, reviews the Off-Leash Permit Assessment Procedure.
- The Planning Board is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, June 30, at 7 p.m. in Town Hall for a few special permits and continued talks on the citizen petition zoning amendment.
- The Underwood Pool Building Committee holds its meeting on Wednesday, July 1, at 7:30 p.m. in Town Hall.
• Two days of roadway paving gets underway on Monday, June 29, along the Belmont Street/Trapelo Road Corridor from Cushing Square to School Street. Paving runs from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Prepare for detours and delays.
• An evening session of Belmont Public Library’s eCamp takes place on Monday, June 29, from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Young Adult Room. Reference Librarian Joanna Breen and Technology Librarian Ellen Girouard will teach how to access the library from wherever you find yourself this summer, talk about Zinio and hoopla, and demonstrate other ways the library connects patrons to online media, in this free-flowing demonstration plus Q&A session. Enjoy snacks, practice with your device or a library laptop, and get connected to magazines, movies, music, and more.
• The Belmont Public Library will have a Drop-in Crafts Program for kids in kindergarten and older on Wednesday, July 1, from 2 p.m. in the Assembly Room.
• The Reminisants, playing the music of the 50s to the 90s, headline this week’s Payson Park Music Festival concert taking place at 6:45 p.m. on Wednesday, July 1.
• Come over and color the sidewalk at the Belmont Public Library as the library hosts “Chalk the Walk” on Thursday, July 2, from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• The Belmont Farmers Market rings the market bell each Thursday in the Belmont Center commuter parking lot on Claflin Street. The market is open from 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.