Photo: “Bubbleology,” with Keith Michael Johnson.
On the government side of the week:
- The Planning Board will meet on Tuesday, July 21, at 7 p.m. at Town Hall where it will discuss a new house’s design at 1 Clark Lane and will review a series of plans required for the construction of Cushing Village.
- The Community Path Implementation Advisory Committee will be reviewing the challenges of placing a community path in Belmont on Wednesday, July 22, at 6 p.m. in Town Hall.
• Summertime Pre-School Story Time at the Benton Library, Belmont’s independent and volunteer run library, at 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, July 21. Stories and crafts for children age 3 to 5. Parents or caregivers must attend. Siblings may attend with adults. Registration is not required. The Benton Library is located at the intersection of Oakley and Old Middlesex.
• US Rep. Katherine Clark is holding office hours at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St., on Tuesday, July 21, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Mary Poppins Sing-Along (with lyrics) will be the Noon movies for children on Tuesday, July 21, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library.
• The Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St., will present “Revere Beach Then & Now Slide Show” on Tuesday, July 21, at 1:15 p.m. The presentation will include more than 100 beautiful images of historic Revere Beach and its glorious past. Once again be thrilled to recall the special memories that we share of Rotherhams Red Indian popcorn, Moxie, Korr Bros. Frozen Custard, and, of course, Kelley’s Roast Beef. Many will also remember the wonderful Big Band music always heard at the dance halls of Revere Beach such as the Oceanview Ballroom, Ocean Pier, or the Frolic nightclub.
• In his show “Bubbleology,” Keith Michael Johnson will build beautiful creations out of bubbles with enthusiasm, humor and style in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library on Wednesday, July 22, at 2 p.m. One moment he will be encasing a dinosaur in a bubble and the next he’s encapsulating an audience volunteer! For kindergarteners to fourth grade.
• It is the final three concerts of the summer by the Music on the Hill (MOTH) students will be Wednesday through Friday, July 22-24, at 6:30 pm, at the Powers Music School, 404 Concord Ave. Wednesday and Thursday will be the MOTH Orchestra, with Jazz, Fiddle on Friday.
• The nation’s premier tribute to U2, The Joshua Tree, will once again grace the stage of the Payson Park Music Festival as this week’s featured artist beginning at 6:45 p.m., Wednesday, July 22, at Payson Park Playground at Payson Road and Elm Street.
• The Chillin’ With Villains Movie Series begins Tuesday, July 21, at 6:30 p.m. with The Avengers (2012) at the Belmont Public Library’s Assembly Room.
• Musician Matt Heaton plays kid-friendly folk music and surf-inspired original songs on Thursday, July 23 at 10:30 a.m. For ages 2 to 5.
• It’s OTAKUrabu at the Belmont Public Library. Watch anime, do a craft/activity, plan for future events and nibble on some Japanese snacks (while they last – they’ll go fast) on Thursday, July 23, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. in the Assembly Room. Provided free, thanks to the Friends of the Belmont Public Library. Just drop in, no registration required.