• Gentle Yoga, a great way to end the work day, begins today and runs on continuous Tuesday from 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. through Sept. 2. at the Beech Street Center. This is a non-Council on Aging evening class that is open to all ages in Belmont. The cost is $15 per session or $130 for 10 sessions.
• Belmont Police Department Lt. Kristin Daly, joined by representatives from the Massachusetts Bankers Association and Springwell, will present a timely lecture on “Preventing Fraud” at the Beech Street Center from 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Learn about the types of scams and fraud that exist and financial exploitation of seniors. Get practical advice about how to prevent becoming a victim.
• The Underwood Pool Building Committee is meeting with the Conservation Commission at 7 p.m. in Town Hall for the public meeting on the $5,2 million pool complex slated to replace the existing 102-year-old pool.
• The Belmont School Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the Chenery Middle School, 95 Washington St. to discuss and vote whether to accept using the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) test in place of the MCAS test to assess Belmont students’ learning progress.
• On this day in 1846, the saxophone is patented by Adolphe Sax in Paris.
Leave a Review or Comment