Things to do around Belmont today, Thursday, April 10.
• The Belmont Board of Health will be holding an informational public meeting on the proposed bylaw amendments on animal kennels in town. In addition, the board will vote on whether to allow one final season (its 102nd!) of swimming at the Underwood Pool. The meeting takes place at 5:30 p.m. in the Town Hall auditorium.
• It’s LEGO time at the Belmont Public Library! The library’s LEGO club is for kids in kindergarten through second grade who want to meet and create their own unique structures. All LEGOs will be provided so just bring your imagination to the Assembly Room from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Belmont High School Boys’ Tennis will be taking on Reading at the High School’s courts at 3:30 p.m.
• The Belmont Senior Center at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St., will be offering tax assistance to seniors today and tomorrow from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 617-993-2970 for availability.
• On this day in 1925, “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald is first published in New York City.