• The Chenery Middle School’s 7th and 8th Grade Band Concert will take place on Thursday, May 8 at 7 p.m. at the Chenery’s auditorium.
• A day after Town Meeting members voted to approve the money to build the new Underwood Pool complex, the Underwood Pool Building Committee is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in Town Hall’s conference room 2 to set a project schedule so the pool can be completed by June 2015 as well as sign contracts with the architect and owner’s project manager.
• Belmont Against Racism will discuss the book “The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration” by Isabel Wilkerson on Thursday, May 8 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• The Beech Street Center’s women’s musical group, the Bel Aires, get together on Thursdays at 1:30 p.m. for a little singing. A suggested donation of $2 is requested to defray the cost of the leader and pianist.
• Belmont High School Girls’ Varsity Tennis takes on Wakefield High today at 3:30 p.m. on the tennis courts adjacent to the high school parking lot.
• On this day in 1945, V-E Day (Victory in Europe) is declared as combat ends after German forces agree in Reims, France, to an unconditional surrender.
Leave a Review or Comment