• The Zoning Board of Appeals will be holding a public meeting Monday, May 19, at 7 p.m. in the Belmont Gallery of Art (located in the Homer Municipal Building in the Town Hall complex) to discuss the application to relocate Starbucks Coffee from its present location in Cushing Square to a store front near the intersection of Belmont Street and Trapelo Road. The move, which will last for approximately a year, is necessary due to the construction of the retail, residential and parking development known as Cushing Village.
• The Planning Board will hold a community meeting on Tuesday, May 20, at 7 p.m. at the Chenery Middle School concerning a zoning amendment it will present to Town Meeting in June that attempts to address citizen’s concerns revolving around the one-year moratorium on tearing down single-family structures and replacing them with multifamily buildings.
• “A World of Celebrations” comes alive with floral arrangements at the Belmont Garden Club’s Flower Show taking place on Friday May 23, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday, May 24, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Belmont Public Library’s Assembly Room. Featuring designs for France’s Bastille Day, China’s New Year, Italy’s Carnival of Venice, the show will also include a horticulture division.
• The Belmont High School Club Rugby team will host Boston College High School in the Massachusetts Youth Rugby Organization’s Division 1 state championship semi-finals on Tuesday, May 22, at 7 p.m. at Harris Field on Concord Avenue.
• The Belmont League of Women Voters will be holding a warrant briefing for the budget sessions of Town Meeting on Thursday, May 22 at 7 p.m. at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St. An opportunity to get your questions answered before the June sessions of Town Meeting. The budget will be covered, as well as other articles not handled in the May meetings. Co-sponsored by the Warrant Committee and the Belmont League of Women Voters Education Fund.
Leave a Review or Comment