• The Massachusetts State Party Primary Election takes place from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. You have to be a declared voter of one of the parties or unenrolled to participate. The Belmontonian will have all the information you need to vote on the site Tuesday morning.
• Besides the Belmont Board of Selectmen at 6 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 8, the Community Preservation Committee meets at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 10, while the Energy Committee will assemble at 8 a.m. on Wednesday. The Historic District Commission is meeting on Thursday, Sept. 11 at 7 p.m.
• Did you know that Isolina Gianino, an experienced tailor, does alterations, zipper replacements and other restorative measures at reasonable prices at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St? She’ll be there on Tuesday, Sept. 9 at 10 a.m. until noon.
• The Belmont League of Women Voters will be holding a league meeting from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 11 in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library.
• Local musician Liz Buchanan performs original songs and traditional favorites for little ones on Friday, Sept. 12, from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Belmont Public Library’s Assembly Room.
• The Senior Book Discussion Group will meet Friday, Sept. 12th at 11 a.m. at the Beech Street Center to discussed “Seize the Day” by Saul Bellow.
• The Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St., will be screening the film “The Butler” at 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12. The film tells the story of an African-American whose 34 years of service as a butler in the White House reflects a period of unparalleled change in American history.
Leave a Review or Comment