Photo: Roads will be closed Sunday morning.
The Foundation for Belmont Education (FBE) third annual Dan Scharfman Memorial Run takes place on Sunday, October 4 at 9:30 a.m.
The Memorial Run starts at the Belmont High School Track, 221 Concord Avenue, and takes a scenic route past the town’s schools, Payson Park Reservoir and Clay Pond.
The following road closings will occur on Oct. 4 to ensure the safety of participants:
• 6 a.m. – 12 p.m. – No Parking on East/West side of Concord Avenue between Cottage Avenue and Underwood ;
• 6 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – No Parking on Goden Street between School Street and Concord Ave;
• 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – School Street closed between Myrtle and Philip Road;
• 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. – No exit onto Oakley from Selwyn and Hurd;
• Between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – Drivers should be aware of runners on the 5K course (Concord Ave / Orchard Road / Stone Road / School Street / Philip / Elizabeth Road / Jacob / Payson / Oakley / Goden / Concord / Underwood); and
• Between 10:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. – Concord Ave West bound will have young runnersDin the bike lane running against traffic between Underwood and Goden. Cones will separate runners from traffic.an
In the past two years, the Memorial Run raised more than $40,000, allowing the FBE to fund new programs across the six schools in the Belmont Public School system to give educators and students the best tools, technology and training that foster innovation and love of learning.
Leave a Review or Comment