Photo: Poster for the event
The public and Town Meeting members are invited to attend a Warrant Briefing tonight, Tuesday, Oct. 30, at 7:30 p.m. at the Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
Residents and voters will have the opportunity to ask questions about the Warrant Articles prior to Special Town Meeting scheduled to begin on Tuesday, Nov 13.
The articles that will be before the “Special” will include:
- Appropriation of debt to build the Belmont High School construction project.
- Amendment to the zoning bylaw to create an overlay district along South Pleasant Street.
- Amendment to the zoning bylaw to create an adult use marijuana overlay district.
- A Community Preservation Committee off cycle request for $400,000 for the design of an Alexander Avenue underpass.
- A citizen petition to extend the temporary moratorium on marijuana establishment for an additional six months til June 30, 2019.
- Reduction of the senior property tax deferral interest rate from eight percent to four-and-a half percent.
Town officials and department heads will be present to provide information. Roy Epstein, chair of the Warrant Committee, will preside. Tonight’s meeting is cosponsored by the Warrant Committee and the Belmont League of Women Voters Education Fund.